CIRTLCast: Exploring a Teaching Career at Community College
In this three-part CIRTLCast Semiar series, hear community college faculty from around the country discuss their experiences in these institutions.
Faculty will discuss the joys and challenges of teaching at a community college, the broad diversity of students in their courses, how equity-mindedness and inclusive teaching enhances their learning, and the pathways to finding a part-time or full-time teaching position at a community college. Each panel will have a community college faculty member from California, Texas, and Iowa so that the conversation takes into account how community college education varies across the country. This event is organized through CIRTL’s NSF INCLUDES grant by the Strategic Goal 2 group. Learn more
- Monday, January 29, 2018, 2-3:30pm ET
- This panel of faculty will discuss their experiences in community colleges in Iowa, Texas, and Southern California.
- Thursday, February 8, 2018, 2-3:30pm ET
- Learn hiring tips from faculty that serve on the hiring committees at community colleges in Iowa, Texas, and Southern California.
- Monday, February 26, 2018, 2-3:30pm ET
- This panel consisting of faculty and administrators from community colleges in Iowa, Texas, and Southern California will share insight on the differences between community college and 4-year settings with regards to student diversity.