Health Information (Updated 2/4/21)
- Cornell University COVID-19 Updates
- Graduate School COVID-19 Information
- Virus Testing Program for Ithaca Students
- Cornell Health Coronavirus Updates
If you are concerned about your physical or mental health, call Cornell Health 24/7 at 607-255-5155 or reach out online. Some other services are being provided by phone consultation or secure messaging.
- Medical appointments: All patients should call before coming to the health center so your concern can be triaged appropriately. When you call us, we will advise you about whether your appointment will be in-person or through phone consultation or secure messaging.
- Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS): Currently, we are providing individual counseling by telehealth video appointment, conducted by secure Zoom platform through our patient portal, myCornellHealth. Learn more on our Counseling webpage.
- Physical Therapy: PT is offering the majority of services through telehealth video appointments. Limited in-person appointments are also available, when needed. See the PT webpage for more information.
- All other appointments: Most routine medical services are currently provided by telehealth video appointment, available to students in Ithaca and elsewhere in New York State.
- Pharmacy: Our pharmacy is open and providing our full range of services. Students must call ahead for pharmacy services. Pharmacy staff are prepping prescriptions and purchases to be ready for pickup to minimize students needing to walk into the building.
Cornell Health has implemented social distancing measures and pandemic protocols across all of our services, in accordance with CDC guidelines. This means that all students and visitors must call Cornell Health before coming to the building (607-255-5155).
Student Health Plan (SHP)
The Student Health Plan (SHP) covers testing at no cost and treatment will be covered with cost shares. Please see the link to the See the SHP website for more info.
No-Cost Student Health Plan (SHP) for Qualified Self-Pay Students
We know that many students will be dealing with exceptional financial pressures in the coming months. If you are a self-pay student and will reside in New York State for the 2020-2021 academic year you may qualify for Student Health Plan Plus (SHP Plus). The plan has no premium costs, no copayments, and no coinsurance. SHP Plus is an option for qualified students with modest household incomes under a partnership with New York State. Many graduate and professional students meet the income and residency requirements, even if they have just arrived in NY.
For more information Visit the Student Health Benefits website
- Health Resources Recommended for the Cornell Community
- Student Health Plan – The SHP covers COVID-19 testing at no cost and treatment will be covered with cost shares.
- Find SHP participating providers anywhere in the U.S.
- New York State Health
- Tompkins County (Includes health information)
- Tompkins County COVID-19 Testing Statistics
- Tompkins County COVID-19 FAQ
- The Johns Hopkins University COVID-19 Dashboard
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- CDC Traveler’s Health Notices
- World Health Organization
- A hotline is available for New Yorkers to call for information about COVID-19: 1-888-364-3065