Course and Modality (Updated 8/21/20)
Course List Release Timeline
Cornell’s course enrollment will follow the following timeline for Fall 2020.
- August 7: The Fall ’20 Course List with modalities was released. Some courses have not been verified, and additions will be made to the list. The Guide to Fall 2020 Enrollment was released to help you understand modalities and special registration information.
- August 14: The Fall ’20 Course List will be expanded to include class meeting times.
- Last week of August: Course enrollment periods will be designated by type of student (e.g., graduate/professional, seniors, etc.).
- Round 1 – Graduate Students: August 26, 6 am-4 pm
- Round 2 – Graduate/Professional Students: August 28-September 1
- Final Fall ’20 academic calendar will be released in coming weeks. Labor Day will be a university holiday, but classes will meet. October 14 will be a one-day break from classes. Other details will be in the final calendar.
Are students who are already in the U.S. allowed to study remotely due to health concerns? (7/27/20)
Currently I am unable to start the semester in Ithaca because of visa travel restrictions. If I am able to secure a visa in the coming weeks, can I travel to Ithaca and join the courses mid-semester? (7/27/20)
Will Cornell support and encourage graduate students who remain in their home country and are continuing to make progress on their degrees? (7/27/20)
For incoming Ph.D. students, is the remote learning option discouraged since students must find an advisor during the first two semesters? (7/27/20)
How will the new format and schedule impact international students who are planning on graduating early? (7/27/20)