Writing and Publishing Workshop Series
The Writing and Publishing Workshop Series offers insider advice and strategies on writing and publishing — journal articles, essays, opinion pieces, textbooks, and dissertation-to-book manuscripts.
Our sessions are held monthly throughout the year and feature speakers who are faculty, authors, editors, and publishers. Past sessions included
- Working with Editors and Agent
- Planning and Writing a (Great) Publishable Paper
- Authorship Policies and Pitfalls
- Productive Writing Strategies and Tools
Join us for upcoming sessions to discuss strategies, advice and your questions about writing for publication. Pre-register to receive the Zoom link and handouts.
2020 Graduate School Workshops:
- Writing a Great (Publishable) Paper: Access the June 25, 2020 handout.
- Identifying Publishers, Signing a Contract, and Publishing Your Book: July 15, 2020
- Selecting a Journal, Writing a Cover Letter, and Navigating Submissions: August 14, 2020
- Authorship: Roles, Responsibilities, and Who Decides: More information for September 15, 2020
- Marketing Your Scholarship: More information for October 19, 2020
- Peer Review and Journal Decisions: More information and registration for November 18, 2020
If you have questions or want to suggest a topic, contact Jan Allen (firstname.lastname@example.org).