Research Degree Requirements
The Graduate School’s degree requirements are kept to a minimum in order to give the Special Committee and the student freedom to determine appropriate degree requirements and to define a program of study best suited to the student’s particular goals.
For the Ph.D., M.A., and M.S. degree programs there are several requirements imposed by the Graduate School, including:
- Maintaining registration status
- Formation of a special committee
- Completion of Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR training)
- Completion of the Student Progress Review
- Timely completion of A, M and/or B exam examinations
- Submission of the dissertation or thesis
The graduate fields may set additional requirements. Please check with your field for more specific field-related information.
Except in certain professional degree programs, requirements for credits or courses are not imposed by the Graduate School.