Exchange Scholar Program

If you’re a doctoral candidate, you may participate in a variety of exchange programs with the recommendation of your advisors. These include one or two semesters in residence at another major research university participating in the Exchange Scholar Program (Berkeley, Brown, Chicago, Columbia, Harvard, M.I.T., Princeton, Stanford, University of Pennsylvania, or Yale). To be eligible, you should have completed at least two registered semesters. Applications must be submitted to the Graduate School a minimum of two months before your intended period of study.

You may also attend a course or two at a nearby college or university to fulfill an academic requirement that cannot be met at Cornell. For information on these programs, contact the Graduate Student Services Office in Caldwell Hall, 607-255-5820, or download the PDF application on our Forms page.