Editing, Typing, and Proofreading Services
The Graduate School maintains this list of typists, editors, and courier services as a resource to students. The individuals and businesses listed here are independent contractors, and are not affiliated with or employed by the Graduate School.
Couriers and Formatting
- (607) 564-9375
Editing and Proofreading
- International scholars
- Topics: education, management, technology
Amanda Bosworth, Ph.D.
- Reasonable rate (with a discount for graduate students!) and quick turnaround
- Edits and proofreads conference presentations, funding proposals, research papers, journal articles, thesis/dissertation proposals, theses/dissertations, book proposals, books, creative writing, and poetry
- Professional editor of nonnative speakers but will also edit and proofread the work of native English speakers
- Experience editing in and teaching high school and university students to write in MLA, APA, Chicago, and AP styles
- Preferred fields (in which she has degrees!) are humanities, social sciences, and education
Kathleen Cannon, Ed.D.
- Fun, fast, competent dissertation editor/partner/coach. Have edited 90+ dissertations, proposals
Samantha Dozier, Ph.D.
- Focus is generally on scientific disciplines and mostly biology/nanotechnology/chemistry
- Associate Professor of Political Science
- University of Chicago Editing Certificate
- As a developmental editor and writing coach, I specialize in social sciences, as well as history, law, and interdisciplinary social sciences/humanities.
- I will support you in producing coherent, elegant, and persuasive research papers, journal articles, theses/dissertations, and books.
- Editing and proofreading for theses, dissertations, academic articles, and academic presentations.
- Expertise in biophysics, bioinformatics, and topics in electrical engineering. Special focus on science communication and visual design.
- Editing and proofing: basic and stylistic, also for non-native English speaking writers
- Scientific papers, theses, postdoc papers/grants (grammar, style, clarity)
- 607-229-9878 (cell)
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Cornell University Institute of Biotechnology, 604 Frank H. T. Rhodes Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853
- Thesis, dissertation, and academic article editing and proofreading
- Freelance since 2010 and an Advanced Professional Member of the UK’s Society for Editors and Proofreaders
- Able to proofread many subjects, but particularly experienced in academic fields of history, politics, philosophy, business, and management
- Academic coaches and editors
Basic and stylistic editing, specializing in the social sciences and humanities
- Extensive experience with non-native English speakers
- Professional proofreader and editor highly regarded for years of experience editing and proofreading for postgraduate students at several prestigious institutions, such as the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and UCLA.
- Exemplary professional qualifications include membership in the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (United Kingdom) alongside published works by Elsevier and ISTE Group.
- +44 7754 225 910
Georgia A. Martin, Ph.D.
- Editing/proofreading in LaTeX and MS Word
- Specialty areas: mathematics, science, economics, engineering
- Editing and coaching for graduate and undergraduate writers, including moral support, monitoring for conformity to program requirements, and structural and line editing.
- Writers at Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Fordham, Rutgers, CUNY, and York University have reached their goals working with me.
- Ronda Roaring Communications, LLC
- Proofreading and coaching for the CU Community
- Professional copyediting
Running Ink Writing, Editing, Coaching, & Research LLC
- Comprehensive editing: All dissertation and theses receive comprehensive editing:
- Editing for grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, and syntax
- Editing for style: APA or MLA formatting, in-text citations, and references
- Editing for content (optional)
- Editing for clarity
- ESL/ELL editing
- International graduate student population
- 313 Utica St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Precise, expert, and experienced proofreader and coach
- Theses, dissertations, books/chapters, academic/popular articles, grant applications, and more
- Focus across many disciplines, but particularly the arts/humanities, social sciences, law, and business.
- I have considerable experience working with English as a Second Language students.
- Services are targeted to social science, health-related, and humanities manuscripts