Editing, Typing, and Proofreading Services
The Graduate School maintains this list of typists, editors, and courier services as a resource to students. The individuals and businesses listed here are independent contractors, and are not affiliated with or employed by the Graduate School.
Couriers and Formatting
- (607) 564-9375
Editing and Proofreading
- A multi-editor team with exemplary qualifications edits every paper, enabling a faster return time and more attention to detail than a single editor could achieve.
- Editing teams are led by chief editors with doctorate degrees and experience as dissertation and research mentors, published authors, and professional editors.
- Comprehensive editing services include proofreading your written language and mechanics; assessing word usage and clarity; attention to structural cohesion, coherence, organization, and flow; and cross-checking citations and references.
- Expert formatting is applied to ensure adherence to university and publication guidelines for headings, references, citations, tables, figures, appendices, etc.
- Affordable rates with discounts, fast turnaround, and free consultations available. Learn more on our website or visit us on LinkedIn.
Developmental editing and line editing for style, grammar, and clarity
Experience with both native and non-native speakers of English, mostly in the social sciences
Journal articles, thesis/dissertation proposals, theses/dissertations, conference papers, and more
Former tutor with Cornell’s Graduate Writing Service, currently an editor for a AAAS online publication
Discount for graduate students
- International scholars
- Topics: education, management, technology
Amanda Bosworth Shirnina, Ph.D.
- Preferred fields are history and related humanities fields in Chicago style
- Reasonable rate with a discount for graduate students
- Edits and proofreads conference presentations, funding proposals, research papers, journal articles, thesis/dissertation proposals, theses/dissertations, book proposals, books, creative writing, and poetry
- Professional editor of nonnative speakers but will also edit and proofread the work of native English speakers
- Experience editing in and teaching high school and university students to write in MLA, APA, Chicago, and AP style
- Contact me today for my availability: email@example.com
Kathleen Cannon, Ed.D.
- Fun, fast, competent dissertation editor/partner/coach. Have edited 90+ dissertations, proposals
Samantha Dozier, Ph.D.
- Focus is generally on scientific disciplines and mostly biology/nanotechnology/chemistry
- Associate Professor of Political Science
- University of Chicago Editing Certificate
- As a developmental editor and writing coach, I specialize in social sciences, as well as history, law, and interdisciplinary social sciences/humanities.
- I will support you in producing coherent, elegant, and persuasive research papers, journal articles, theses/dissertations, and books.
- Editing and proofing: basic and stylistic, also for non-native English speaking writers
- Scientific papers, theses, postdoc papers/grants (grammar, style, clarity)
- 607-229-9878 (cell)
- firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Cornell University Institute of Biotechnology, 604 Frank H. T. Rhodes Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853
- Thesis, dissertation, and academic article editing and proofreading
- Freelance since 2010 and an Advanced Professional Member of the UK’s Society for Editors and Proofreaders
- Able to proofread many subjects, but particularly experienced in academic fields of history, politics, philosophy, business, and management
- Academic coaches and editors
Basic and stylistic editing, specializing in the social sciences and humanities
- Extensive experience with non-native English speakers
- Professional proofreader and editor highly regarded for years of experience editing and proofreading for postgraduate students at several prestigious institutions, such as the University of Cambridge, the University of Oxford, and UCLA.
- Exemplary professional qualifications include membership in the Society for Editors and Proofreaders (United Kingdom) alongside published works by Elsevier and ISTE Group.
- +44 7754 225 910
Georgia A. Martin, Ph.D.
- Editing/proofreading in LaTeX and MS Word
- Specialty areas: mathematics, science, economics, engineering
- I specialize in helping education students deliver clear, effective, change-making messages
- I have experience tutoring in a university writing center, copyediting for a small newspaper, and teaching English to non-native speakers
- I’m an expert in APA style and well-versed in MLA and Chicago
- I have edited dissertations, masters’ theses, undergraduate essays, and creative, literary works
- In addition to thoroughly editing your grammar and formatting, I offer helpful commentary as well as phone or Zoom sessions
- Professional editor with expertise in academic writing in the humanities (degrees in foreign literatures, history, and feminist, gender & sexuality studies).
- Developmental Editing: ensures that macro-elements of a text contribute purposefully to your argument; focuses on structure, narrative, evidence, style, and tone.
- Book Proposal Evaluation: reveals any potential obstacles to the proposal’s effectiveness and includes a full read through of your proposal and any supporting documents.
- Academic/Personal Website Editing: guides you through the process of designing and writing content for a website that helps you meet your goals.
- Editing and coaching for graduate and undergraduate writers, including moral support, monitoring for conformity to program requirements, and structural and line editing.
- Writers at Cornell, Johns Hopkins, Fordham, Rutgers, CUNY, and York University have reached their goals working with me.
- Ronda Roaring Communications, LLC
- Proofreading and coaching for the CU Community
- Professional copyediting
Running Ink Writing, Editing, Coaching, & Research LLC
- Comprehensive editing: All dissertation and theses receive comprehensive editing:
- Editing for grammar, mechanics, punctuation, spelling, and syntax
- Editing for style: APA or MLA formatting, in-text citations, and references
- Editing for content (optional)
- Editing for clarity
- ESL/ELL editing
- International graduate student population
- 313 Utica St., Ithaca, NY 14850
- Precise, expert, and experienced proofreader and coach
- Theses, dissertations, books/chapters, academic/popular articles, grant applications, and more
- Focus across many disciplines, but particularly the arts/humanities, social sciences, law, and business.
- I have considerable experience working with English as a Second Language students.
- Services are targeted to social science, health-related, and humanities manuscripts