Editing, Typing, and Proofreading Services
The Graduate School maintains this list of typists, editors, and courier services as a resource to students. The individuals and businesses listed here are independent contractors, and are not affiliated with or employed by the Graduate School.
Couriers and Formatting
- (607) 564-9375
Editing and Proofreading
Basic and stylistic editing, specializing in the social sciences and humanities
Kathleen Cannon, EdD.
- Fun, fast, competent dissertation editor/partner/coach. Have edited 90+ dissertations, proposals
Clare Xanthos, Ph.D. Academic Editor
- Services are targeted to social science, health-related, and humanities manuscripts
- International graduate student population
- 313 Utica St. Ithaca, NY 14850
Georgia A. Martin, Ph.D.
- Editing/proofreading in LaTeX and MS Word
- Specialty areas: mathematics, science, economics, engineering
- (301) 962-9299
Allison L. Goldstein
- Thesis, dissertation, and academic article editing and proofreading
- (646) 598-1380
Ashleigh Imus, Ph.D.
- (678) 971-5044
- International Scholars. Topics: Education, Management, Technology
Samantha Dozier, Ph.D.
- Focus is generally on scientific disciplines and mostly biology/nanotechnology/chemistry
- Ronda Roaring Communications, LLC
- proofreading and coaching for the CU Community
- Professional copyediting,
- Freelance since 2010 and an Advanced Professional Member of the UK’s Society for Editors and Proofreaders
- Able to proofread many subjects, but particularly experienced in academic fields of history, politics, philosophy, business and management
- Editing and proofing, basic and stylistic, and for non-native English speaking writers
- Previously edited professors, scientists and postdoc papers/grants at Cornell
- (607) 255-8907
- Cornell University Institute of Biotechnology 604 Frank H. T. Rhodes Hall Ithaca, NY 14853
Nina Seja, Ph.D.
- Precise, expert, and experienced proofreader and coach
- Theses, dissertations, books/chapters, academic/popular articles, grant applications, and more. Focus across many disciplines, but particularly the arts/humanities, social sciences, law, and business.
- I have considerable experience working with English as a Second Language students.