Creative Visual Arts M.F.A. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Contact InformationWebsite: https://aap.cornell.edu/academics/art/graduate
Phone: 607 255-4376
235 Sibley Dome
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- studio art
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Fall; Jan. 7
Applicants to the Master of Fine Arts program must submit a portfolio of visual materials. Details regarding content and submission can be found here.
- GRE scores are not required for admission to the M.F.A. program. Applicants who have already taken the GRE are welcome to submit scores with the application.
- The TOEFL exam is required for non-native English applicants. International applicants whose native language is not English but who have studied full-time for two or more years at a college or university where English is the language of instruction, located in a country where English is the native language, are exempt from this requirement. All other international applicants must submit TOEFL scores.
For a complete list of application requirements please visit the M.F.A. admissions webpage.
Department of Art
Recent changes in the Cornell MFA Program which were made in response to both departmental assessment processes and considerations of developments in contemporary professional art practice:
- 2009 Art department graduate faculty decision to recruit, admit, and educate its students in an inter-disciplinary art/research based orientation.
- Full departmental graduate faculty review and vote of MFA applicants, with graduate student body participation in an advisory capacity.
- Annual full graduate faculty critique of student artwork in fall semester graduate group exhibition.
- Recruitment of affiliate faculty from key areas of scholarship from across the university, to participate in graduate special committees.
- Annual New York City exhibition and catalogue publication, which is organized by the graduate student body as a method of professional engagement.