Executive Master of Human Resource Management (Online) M.P.S. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Our Executive Master of Human Resource Management* program is ideal for high-potential human resource professionals who have 8+ years of experience. This selective 15-month program will give you the advanced knowledge and skills you need to move into senior HR roles, and enable you to develop and execute human capital strategy on a global scale. Because much of the coursework is delivered online, you can complete this program from anywhere in the world — without interrupting your career.
*Students who complete this program will earn an Executive Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources degree from Cornell University.
Contact InformationWebsite: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/academics/degree-programs/graduate-degree-programs/executive-master-human-resource-management-online
Phone: 607 255-1522
218 Ives Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- human resource management
- labor relations, economics, and organizational behavior
Application Requirements and Deadlines
October 1 (Round 1)
November 1 (Round 2)
December 1 (Round 3)
January 2 (Round 4)
February 1 (Round 5)
March 1 (Round 6)
Successful applicants must provide the following application materials.
1. Bachelor's Degree - You must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or an equivalent international degree. (See our list of equivalent international degrees.)
2. Resume - Include work history and experience, skills and areas of expertise, personal achievements, and any information that is pertinent to your application.
3. Transcripts - Submit transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended.
4. Letters of Recommendation - Submit two professional letters of recommendation. One must be from a direct supervisor who supports your enrollment, knows your abilities, can speak to your potential for advancement in HR, and confirms that you can obtain access and resources to complete your case project.
5. Statement of Purpose - Discuss your past achievements, future career goals and how the Executive Master of HR Management degree will help you reach your career objectives.
6. Statement of Project - If admitted, you will be required to develop and implement an HR project in your organization. Describe the project you might implement, the likelihood of support for the project, and how you will gain support from your current management team to complete it.
We suggest that the case you develop for your project accomplishes the following:
- Is tied to a specific business issue or problem that your organization is facing.
- Has implications for the workforce and an HR function for which you can develop an HR intervention.
- Has sponsor(s) within the organization that can help you access the resources and leaders required for analysis and delivery of the case project.
It is critical that the case focuses on a strategic business challenge facing your organization. In that regard, HR's role in the case should be clearly linked to business issues. Please make sure that you define the core problem from a business--not solely an HR--perspective. Examples might include growth, globalization, innovation, total quality, tapping new markets, etc. (not simply how to address issues in the HR function alone). For examples, please see the Executive Master of HR Management FAQs page.
7. Application Fee - Submit a non-refundable application fee of $105 with your application.
8. Online Video Interview - After submitting your application you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to record your online video at your convenience.
Note: Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, etc.) are NOT required for admission to this program.