Human Resources (Online) M.P.S. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Our Executive Master of Human Resource Management* program is ideal for high-potential human resource professionals who have 8+ years of experience. This selective 15-month program will give you the advanced knowledge and skills you need to move into senior HR roles, and enable you to develop and execute human capital strategy on a global scale. Because much of the coursework is delivered online, you can complete this program from anywhere in the world — without interrupting your career.
*Students who complete this program will earn an Executive Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources degree from Cornell University.
Contact InformationWebsite: http://www.ilr.cornell.edu/academics/degree-programs/graduate-degree-programs/executive-master-human-resource-management-online
Phone: 607 255-1522
218 Ives Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- human resource management
- labor relations, economics, and organizational behavior
Application Requirements and Deadlines
- Friday, October 15, 2021 (Round 1)
- Wednesday, December 15, 2021 (Round 2)
- Saturday, January 15, 2022 (Round 3)
- Tuesday, March 15, 2022 (Round 4)
Successful applicants must provide the following application materials.
1. Bachelor's Degree - You must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or an equivalent international degree. (See our list of equivalent international degrees.)
2. Resume - Include work history and experience, skills and areas of expertise, personal achievements, and any information that is pertinent to your application.
3. Transcripts - Submit transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended.
4. Letters of Recommendation - Submit two professional letters of recommendation. One must be from a direct supervisor who supports your enrollment, knows your abilities, can speak to your potential for advancement in HR, and confirms that you can obtain access and resources to complete your case project.
5. Statement of Purpose - Discuss your past achievements, future career goals and how the Executive Master of HR Management degree will help you reach your career objectives.
6. Statement of Project: If admitted, you will be required to develop and implement an HR project in your organization. Your project must focus on HR actions designed to address an identified, strategic business challenge or opportunity. Examples might include growth, globalization, innovation, competitive pressures, total quality, tapping new markets. The business challenge/opportunity should have implications for the workforce and for HR processes/practices for which you can develop an intervention.
We recognize that your project selection may change before or even shortly after you begin the program, but please provide a summary of a project that you could realistically undertake. In about 100 words, describe the business challenge or opportunity, then provide another 150 words on potential HR implications that you could explore and work to address.
7. Application Fee - Submit a non-refundable application fee of $105 with your application.
8. Online Video Interview - After submitting your application you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to record your online video at your convenience.
Note: Standardized test scores (GRE, GMAT, etc.) are NOT required for admission to this program.