Systems Engineering M.Eng. (Distance, Hybrid, or Online Option)
Field of Study
Do you have a hunger to learn? Don't have time to go back to school full-time to earn your master's degree? We can help.
Cornell University is offering a Master of Engineering in Systems Engineering via distance learning. This program is ideal for you if you've entered the workforce and want to earn your master's degree without taking a break in your employment.
As more and more engineers pursue master's level education, the demand for master's programs is increasing and will rise dramatically in the coming years. Many of those prospective master's degree students are engineers who already have professional jobs, and who want to pursue a professional master's program without leaving their employment. For these mature students, part-time study - often based on distance learning - is a necessity and that's where we come in.
Contact InformationWebsite: http://www.systemseng.cornell.edu
Phone: 607 254-8998
606 Rhodes Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- systems engineering (minor)
Visit the Graduate School's Tuition Rates page.
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Fall, May 31; Spring, December 1
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or science with a suitable GPA
- Undergraduate course in probability and statistics (matriculation requirement)
- Admission is offered only for the fall and spring semesters
- Statement of purpose
- Unofficial transcripts from each college or university previously attended
- Applicants must document at least one year of work experience in a relevant field to be eligible to enroll in the distance learning degree program
- English Language Proficiency Requirement for all applicants. Official TOEFL or IELTS Academic scores: The TOEFL or IELTS Academic exam is required from international applicants. We require an overall minimum TOEFL score of 105. This is in addition to the minimum sub-scores for each element of the TOEFL iBT as outlined by the Graduate School: Writing – 20, Listening – 15, Reading – 20, Speaking – 22. For IELTS, we require a minimum overall band score of 7.5. For further information on this requirement as well as exemptions, please visit the Graduate School website
Email questions regarding the Systems MEng DL application to email@example.com or see the Systems DL. home page for more information
- Mastery and Application of Core Disciplinary Knowledge
- Problem Formulation, Organization and Planning of the Solution Process
- Collaborative Problem Solving and Issue Resolution
- Communication of Knowledge, Ideas and Decision Reasoning
- Self-directed Learning and Professional Development