International Student / Postdoc Job Search Discussion
August 13 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
- This event has passed.
This is the last Job Search Virtual Monthly Chat specific to international student issues for the summer. Things are moving a lot on the job search side as well as the immigration side. The Job Search Virtual Monthly Chat is designed to get job seekers together to talk about concerns that graduate students and postdocs share, and strategize about how to move forward.
Each session will begin with a brief introduction that includes tips, perspectives, and thoughts from staff who support career exploration. After this information is shared, participants will have the opportunity to ask questions they have and share best practices that work for them. We want to create a safe space for everyone to talk and listen. Please come join us and hear from each other!
Our experts in careers and/or immigration include:
- Caleb Yu, Graduate and International Student Career Advisor
- Christine Holmes, Director of Postdoctoral Studies
- Colleen McLinn, Executive Director for Future Faculty and Academic Careers
- Denise DiRienzo, Experiential Program Director for Careers Beyond Academia
- Elizabeth Shedd, Senior Immigration Advisor, Office of Global Learning
- Susi Varvayanis, Executive Director of Careers Beyond Academia
Accommodations: We strive to make our events accessible to all community members. Individuals who would like to request accessibility accommodations should contact email@example.com. We ask that requests be made at least one week in advance to help ensure they can be met.
Meets by Zoom (link to be sent when registered)