CIRTLCast: Productive Mentorship - Bringing Out the Best in Your Students
Repeats every week every Thursday 4 times.March 1, 2018 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
March 8, 2018 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
March 15, 2018 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
March 22, 2018 - 2:00pm to 3:00pm
Contact Name: Colleen McLinn, CU-CIRTL Director
Contact email: email@example.com
In this CIRTLCast Semiar series, learn how to build productive research mentoring relationships that foster inclusion and equity.
In each week of this series, we will discuss different perspectives and strategies for successful mentorship. Events will explore the nuances between mentoring graduate students and mentoring undergraduates, and how best practices in mentoring can advance inclusive and equitable teaching and research environments. Learn more
- Thursday, March 1, 2018, 2-3:30pm ET
- A panel of undergraduate students share their experiences with their research mentors—whether faculty, postdocs, or graduate students—and provide insights into what motivates them in a research context.
- Thursday, March 8, 2018, 2-3:30pm ET
- A panel of graduate students discuss what it means to be respected as a colleague by their mentors and how that sense of respect, trust, and autonomy affect their productivity as researchers.
- Thursday, March 15, 2018, 2-3:30pm ET
- A panel of mentors recommended as exemplar by their mentees share their strategies for effective mentorship through specific narratives that illustrate what they think of as pivotal moments for their mentees.
- Thursday, March 22, 2018, 2-3:30pm ET
- Learn about inclusive "teaching as mentorship" practices and how to incorporate them into your pedagogy and syllabi in this event led by a Teaching-as-Research mentor. At the end of the event, participants will be able to develop an action plan based on the hour-long discussion.