Welcome to Cornell!
We are excited that you will be joining us in Ithaca soon!
Incoming graduate students are invited to join us for the Graduate School’s Orientation for new (Spring 2018) students on Monday, January 22 from 11:30 -2:00 pm in G10 Biotechnology Building. Lunch is provided; please RSVP here. (Incoming graduate students will also receive an invitation via Cornell email address. Reply to this message with any questions.)
The goal of Orientation is simple: We want to warmly welcome you to campus and help you become a member of new communities of scholars, researchers, and peers. You will also learn about graduate study at Cornell along with expectations and tips for success as a new graduate student. We will introduce you to valuable resources and services to help you throughout your time at Cornell. You will receive your Cornell Student ID during this time. Our orientation does not replace your Field orientation program but will supplement it and help you experience the benefits of being in a larger, interdisciplinary community. Please consult your field's website for field, college, and program-specific orientation programs.
Graduate School Orientation will help new students to:
- learn about support and resources available through the Graduate School,
- learn from current students via our Graduate Students, Graduate Stories video,
- engage in discussion about a successful academic experience with Associate Dean Jan Allen,
- learn strategies for success from the Graduate and Professional Student Assembly (GPSA) and
- meet and network with other new graduate students.
Additional Orientation Events:
- Thursday, January 18 from 2:00-4:30 pm: The International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) spring orientation program will take place in Warren Hall in room B25 auditorium.
- Friday, January 26 from 3:30 - 4:30 pm: New Student Mix & Mingle is networking over beer and snacks with other first-years at the Big Red Barn.
- Friday, January 26 from 4:30 - 7:00 pm: TGIF (Tell Grads It’s Friday) at the Big Red Barn ($1 beer).
If you have not already done so, visit the New Students (link is external) web page for information specifically for graduate and professional students.
If you have any questions, or need accommodations to participate in this event, please contact Janna Lamey, Assistant Dean for Graduate Student Life (607-255-5184 or firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible.