November 14 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- This event has passed.
On Monday, Nov. 14th, Careers Beyond Academia will host an alumnus come to speak to anyone who wants to get exposure to Financial Literacy! The session will be held in 102 Mann Library at 2:00pm ET. During this session, the speaker will target various topics such as Budgeting, Why to Invest, How to Invest, etc.
If you answer “No” to any of the below questions, we highly encourage you to attend the meeting:
1) Do you have a credit card?
2) Do you know the best way to raise your credit score?
3) Have you ever followed a budgeting plan?
4) Are you familiar with Inflation vs Compounding?
5) Do you know about the different types of Investment Accounts? Taxable, ROTH, 529, etc.
6) Do you know the pros and cons between types of Investments? Stock, Bond, ETFs, Mutual Funds, etc.
7) Do you have a plan to reach Financial Independency?
The goal of this session is to have an interactive and somewhat entertaining meeting that will cover crucial topics anyone should know before heading into the workforce.
If you are interested in coming, please use this link to sign up: Cornell Careers Beyond Academia || Sign up to Learn Financial Literacy
About the speaker
Chase Wickenheiser’19 & Cornell Football Alum, has been speaking on Cornell’s campus for the past 3-semesters to the Athletic Department, and come this year, now also the Law School, Vet School, and Graduate School; he has offered to open this education to our group.