Architectural Science, M.S. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Architectural science (M.S.). Students with an undergraduate degree in architecture, architectural engineering, engineering, or computer science are likely candidates for the graduate program in architectural science. Program objectives are (1) to afford an opportunity for students of architecture to expand their creative design potential by increasing their knowledge and understanding of environmental science and building technologies and (2) to provide a framework within which students who have graduated from other technical disciplines may explore computer science, computer graphics, and computer-aided design methods. Students enrolling for studies in computer graphics use the facilities of the interdisciplinary Program of Computer Graphics.
Ordinarily four terms of residence are required to complete the program of study, depending on the student's background and experience.
Phone: 607 255-4376
235 Sibley Dome
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- building technology and environmental science (minor)
- computer graphics
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Fall, Jan. 3; no spring admission
All applicants must submit GRE general test scores. Applicants to the computer graphics program must also submit scores on the GRE subject test in computer science. Applicants to the architecture (M.Arch. professional) and design programs must also submit a portfolio of visual materials.
International students whose undergraduate training has been completed outside the United States are admitted as provisional candidates. They should plan to spend at least four terms in residence for the master's degree. TOEFL minimum score of 600 (paper-based) or 250 (computer-based) .
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam for Non-Native English Applicants
- Two recommendations
- Transcripts: Submit completed and official transcripts from each college or university previously attended to the field to which you are applying. If it is against an institution's policy to send transcripts to the applicant, the transcripts can be mailed by the school directly to the field to which you are applying.
- GRE general test for all
- GRE subject test in computer science for computer graphics applicants
- TOEFL Exam for Non-Native English Applicants. Minimum score of 250 computer-based or 600 paper-based.
- Statement of purpose (A one- or two-page statement, preferably printed on white paper, outlining your research interests and intents for graduate study at Cornell. Please relate these intents to your previous design and academic experience, and to your future goals. Include your full name and your proposed field of study at the top of each page.)