Information Science M.P.S. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Information Science is an interdisciplinary program within the Faculty of Computing and Information Science. It brings together faculty, researchers and students who share an interest in studying digital information.
Information Science examines information systems in their social, cultural, economic, historical, legal, and political contexts. Computer science is an important part of the program, but the emphasis is on systems and their use, rather than on the technologies that underlie them.
Information Systems draws from Computer Science and Operations Research; Human Computer Interaction from Communication, Psychology, and Cognitive Studies; Social Studies of Computing from Science & Technology Studies, Law, and Economics, with many others.
The Information Science program is home to several large research groups, including the Human-Computer Interaction group, digital libraries research, and the ePrint arXiv.
Contact InformationWebsite: http://infosci.cornell.edu/
Phone: 607 254-5347
110G Gates Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- human computer interaction
- information science
- information systems
- social aspects of information
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Fall: January 15 (For non-Cornell students)
Fall: June 1 (For Cornell students and alumni)
Spring: Oct. 1. (only accept applications from current Cornell students and Cornell Alumni for spring consideration)
- All Graduate School requirements
- letters of recommendation (MPS Program: two required for non-Cornell Students; one required for Cornell Students or Cornell alumni)
- An Online Interview is required once the application is submitted
- GRE general test
- IELTS or TOEFL English proficiency test
- TOEFL: minimum speaking score: 24