2020 Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Awards & Recognition Celebration
June 12, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
- This event has passed.
On behalf of the Graduate School Office of Inclusion & Student Engagement and the Graduate and Professional Student Diversity Council, we invite you to join us for the 2020 Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Awards and Recognition Celebration where we will present the annual Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Awards, and recognize members of our graduate community for their academic, professional, and service related achievements!
During this celebration we will present the following awards, which allow us to recognize those who have significantly contributed towards the advancement of efforts around diversity, inclusion, outreach, and graduate student engagement.
- Exemplary Service Awards for Early & Advanced Career Students
- Excellence in Leadership Award
- Social Justice Award
- Community Outreach Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Faculty Champion Awards for Junior & Senior Faculty
All graduate and professional degree students who register to participate in this celebration are also encouraged to complete the academic, professional, and service achievements section of the registration form. The areas of achievement that will be recognized include the following:
- Academic Achievements: Conference presentations/publications/TA awards/Graduate School Deans Scholars/Bouchet Honor Society/NextGen Professors
- Funding Achievements: Grants/Fellowships/Scholarships
- Community Service Achievements: Mentor/Tutor/Volunteer/Student Organization Leader
- Milestones & Completion: Passing of A and B Exams/Completion of Graduate or Professional Degree
This event is co-hosted by: Graduate School Office of Inclusion & Student Engagement, and the member organizations of the Graduate and Professional Student Diversity Council: Black Graduate and Professional Student Association, Cornell Latin America Student Society, First Generation and Low Income Graduate Student Organization, GPSA Diversity and International Students Committee, Graduate and Professional Students International, Graduate Women in Science, Indigenous Graduate Student Association, Latinx Graduate Student Coalition, Multicultural Academic Council, LGBTQ+ Graduate Student Organization, Society for Asian American Graduate Affairs
*This event is open to all interested members of the Cornell Graduate & Professional Student Community and those that support the progression and success of graduate and professional students.