2022 Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Recognition and Awards Celebration
May 12 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Join us for the 2022 Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Awards and Recognition Celebration where we will present the annual Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Awards, and recognize members of our graduate community for their academic, professional, and service-related achievements!
Date: May 12, 2022
Time: 3:30 – 5:30 pm ET
Location: G10 Biotech
*This event is open to all interested members of the Cornell Graduate & Professional Student Community and all those within and beyond Cornell that support the progression and success of graduate and professional students!
During this celebration, we will present the following awards, which allow us to recognize those who have significantly contributed towards the advancement of efforts around diversity, equity, inclusion, outreach, and graduate student engagement.
- Exemplary Service Awards for Early & Advanced Career Students
- Excellence in Leadership Award
- Social Justice Award
- Community Outreach Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Faculty Champion Awards for Junior & Senior Faculty
All graduate and professional degree students who register to participate in this celebration are also encouraged to complete the academic, professional, and service achievements section of the registration form. The areas of achievement that will be recognized include the following:
- Scholar Recognitions: Graduate School Deans Scholars, Bouchet Honor Society, NextGen Professors
- Academic Achievements: Conference presentations/publications/TA awards
- Funding Achievements: Grants/Fellowships/Scholarships
- Community Service Achievements: Mentor/Tutor/Volunteer/Student Organization Leader
- Milestones & Completion: Passing of A and B Exams/Completion of Graduate or Professional Degree
This event is co-hosted by: Graduate School Office of Inclusion & Student Engagement, and the member organizations of the Graduate and Professional Student Diversity Council: The Arab Graduate Student Association, Black Graduate and Professional Student Association, Cornell Latin America Student Society, Graduate Disability+, First Generation and Low Income Graduate Student Organization, GPSA Diversity and International Students Committee, Graduate and Professional Students International, Graduate Women in Science: Supporting Gender Diversity & Inclusion in STEM, Indigenous Graduate Student Association, Latinx Graduate Student Coalition, Multicultural Academic Council, LGBTQ+ Graduate Student Organization, Society for Asian American Graduate Affairs, and the Society for Advancement of Chicanos/Hispanics and Native Americans in Science (SACNAS)