Equity Changemaking in the Classroom and Beyond
June 25 @ 1:00 pm - 2:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Graduate students and postdoctoral scholars have been contributing in meaningful ways to making teaching spaces across Cornell more equitable and inclusive during the challenging 2020-21 academic year. We have invited a panel to present four change-making projects and discuss the story of how they made these projects happen. Following the panel presentations, we will hold small-group discussions for self-empowerment, networking, and building collective capacity for action towards greater equity and inclusion.
Date & time: Friday, June 25, 2021, 1:00 – 2:30 p.m.
This event will take place virtually via Zoom.
This is an opportunity for members of the Cornell community to take their knowledge about equity and inclusion in learning spaces and enter into a dialogue on how use it to work toward change. We hope that this event will:
- demystify the process of moving from passive to active changemaking
- support participants in inspiring others to care about equity and inclusion
- give participants an opportunity to reflect on how to use their sphere of influence
- help participants work to create a climate where people can learn and grow
- provide an opportunity for discussion/community-building