Flagship Fellowship Information Session
January 20, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
- This event has passed.
Flagship is a venture capital firm dedicated to life science innovation. We perform our own R&D in the Flagship Labs, and we created over 100 companies (including Moderna) in the past 18 years. The 2021 Fellows Program is a 12-week paid fellowship sponsored over the summer at Flagship’s offices in Cambridge, MA. The fellowship is designed to be a unique opportunity to experience our approach to basic science, innovation, and venture creation and to learn from our talented team to apply this approach first-hand. We’re looking for amazing PhDs and postdocs who might be interested, and we’d love to see more folks from Cornell join us!
Whether your goal is to pursue a career at the intersection of science and business, try something different, or gain exposure to Flagship’s world class network, the Fellows Program offers a unique set of desirable skills and experiences for your next step.
Over 160 graduates of our Fellows Program have gone onto exciting careers in life science, including:
– Science-centric roles at leading academic and research institutions, such as Stanford, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Broad Institute, Whitehead Institute, MIT, Koch Institute and the Chan Zuckerberg Biohub
– CEOs/Founders of their own companies and startups
– Consultants at leading firms such as Bain Consulting, McKinsey, and Boston Consulting Group
– Scientists and leaders in global biotech and pharmaceutical companies such as AstraZeneca, Alnylam and Biogen
– Investment professionals at venture firms
– Foundational, ground-level positions—such as Senior Scientist, Business Development, and Head of Research— at cutting-edge Flagship startups
– Positions within the Flagship Labs origination and innovation group