NCFDD: Moving from Resistance to Writing
June 11, 2020 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- This event has passed.
- Have you been putting off your writing all year by promising yourself that summer is when you’ll buckle down and get it done?
- Are you finding yourself continuing to procrastinate and avoid your writing even though summer has arrived?
- Have you ever wondered why it is that you really want to write, but just don’t do it until there’s a looming external deadline?
In this webinar, you will learn:
- What resistance is and why academic writers experience it in pursuit of work we want and need to complete.
- How to identify what’s holding you back from writing and completing your ___________ (article, dissertation, book manuscript, grant proposal, etc…).
- The three most common types of writing funk and how to move around them.
- How to create the types community, support and accountability for your writing that will help you to ride through whatever type of writing funk you are currently experiencing.
Free Individual Memberships for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
Available to all Cornell students, postdocs, faculty, and staff
Cornell is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), a nationally recognized, independent organization providing online career development and mentoring resources. The NCFDD provides members with access to tools to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance.
Activate your account by following the steps below:
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Under “Select Your Institution,” choose “Cornell University”
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your Cornell email address
- Check your Cornell email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email