NCFDD: Networking for Introverts (and Extroverts, too!)- How to Make the Most of Your Next Conference Webinar
November 5, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Career progression often depends on fostering a strong and supportive professional network, but do you feel awkward at networking events and
uncomfortable making new connections? Faculty members, postdocs, and graduate students are invited to attend this engaging webinar that will offer tips and tricks to help introverts and extroverts learn how to work a room, from having the right tools to knowing the best approach to engage prospective colleagues and collaborators. No matter your role, you will benefit from learning how to be more strategic, effective, and inclusive while building great relationships. Our webinar presenter, Robbie Samuels, believes that your impact on the world is directly related to your willingness to engage your community. Through this webinar, he will show you how.
At the completion of this webinar, participants will be able to:
- Employ strategy and selectivity when choosing which events to attend
- Identify how to take advantage of small networking opportunities at events
- Shift their mindset around relationship building to begin to notice opportunities in everyday life
- Adapt body language to increase approachability and ease of navigation in the room
- Apply graceful exit strategies that continue to build relationships
Cornell University members are encouraged to register for a free National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) members via the following link: https://www.facultydiversity.org/institutions/cornell-university