NCFDD: How to Manage Stress, Rejection and the Haters in Your Midst
November 14, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- This event has passed.
- Are you stressed?
- Do you feel devastated when your articles and/or grant proposals get rejected?
- Is the pressure of publishing/funding your work making you sick?
If any of this sounds familiar and you have difficulty managing the negative energy and rejection in your environment, please join us to learn:
- The impact that stress and negativity can have if they are not managed
- Identify the most common areas of stress in academic life
- Concrete strategies for managing the physical, emotional, and attitudinal effects of stress
Free Individual Memberships for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
Available to all Cornell students, postdocs, faculty, and staff
Cornell is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), a nationally recognized, independent organization providing online career development and mentoring resources. The NCFDD provides members with access to tools to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance.
Activate your account by following the steps below:
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Under “Select Your Institution,” choose “Cornell University”
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your Cornell email address
- Check your Cornell email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email