NCFDD: Overcoming Academic Perfectionism Webinar
September 13, 2018 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- This event has passed.
- Do you struggle to share your writing at early stages because it’s not perfect?
- Do you find yourself devastated by criticism of your work?
- Do you beat yourself up every time the tiniest thing goes wrong?
- Is it difficult for you to celebrate other people’s success because it reminds you of your own shortcomings?
If any of these things sound familiar, CONGRATULATIONS! You’re a perfectly normal perfectionist! The only problem is that the nature of the Academy is likely to exacerbate your perfectionist tendencies, as opposed to minimize them. In this webinar, perfectionists will unite to get clear about:
- The causes and consequences of excessive perfectionism.
- The features of academic life that intensify perfectionism
- Strategies to identify when your perfectionism is at work, assess whether it is useful or debilitation, and adjust your standards and behavior accordingly
- The secret to finding real satisfaction in every step of the writing process
Cornell University members are encouraged to register for a free National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity (NCFDD) members via the following link: https://www.facultydiversity.org/institutions/cornell-university