NCFDD: Overcoming Academic Perfectionism
September 12, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 3:30 pm
- This event has passed.
- Do you struggle to share your writing at early stages because it’s not perfect?
- Do you find yourself devastated by criticism of your work?
- Do you beat yourself up every time the tiniest thing goes wrong?
- Is it difficult for you to celebrate other people’s success because it reminds you of your own shortcomings?
If any of these things sound familiar, CONGRATULATIONS! You’re a perfectly normal perfectionist! The only problem is that the nature of the Academy is likely to exacerbate your perfectionist tendencies, as opposed to minimize them. In this webinar, perfectionists will unite to get clear about:
- The causes and consequences of excessive perfectionism.
- The features of academic life that intensify perfectionism
- Strategies to identify when your perfectionism is at work, assess whether it is useful or debilitating, and adjust your standards and behavior accordingly
- The secret to finding real satisfaction in every step of the writing process
Free Individual Memberships for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
Available to all Cornell students, postdocs, faculty, and staff
Cornell is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), a nationally recognized, independent organization providing online career development and mentoring resources. The NCFDD provides members with access to tools to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance.
Activate your account by following the steps below:
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Under “Select Your Institution,” choose “Cornell University”
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your Cornell email address
- Check your Cornell email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email