NCFDD Webinar: Cultivating Your Network of Mentors, Sponsors & Collaborators
August 12 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- This event has passed.
- Do you have a reliable and strong network of mentors?
- Are you struggling to cultivate mentoring relationships?
- Do you know the difference between a mentor and a sponsor?
- Are you moving to a new stage of your career and wondering how to find new mentors and sponsors that are appropriate to the next level?
If so, join us for a webinar that will help you:
- Map your current mentoring network
- Identify your unmet needs
- Plan how to expand your existing network to meet your current needs
Erin Marie Furtak, PhD, is a professor of STEM Education and Associate Dean of Faculty in the School of Education at the University of Colorado at Boulder. Erin conducts her research at the intersection of science teacher and student learning in secondary science classrooms and coordinates a research team funded by a program of external, foundation- and federally-funded grants. Erin balances daily writing and research with her teaching and administrative duties, and publishes her work in journal articles, researcher- and practitioner-oriented books, humorous essays, and columns. Outside of work, Erin is an avid runner, gluten-free baker, and hangs out with her partner and two young children. See Dr. Furtak’s full bio at event page
Free Individual Memberships for the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD)
Available to all Cornell students, postdocs, faculty, and staff
Cornell is an institutional member of the National Center for Faculty Development & Diversity (NCFDD), a nationally recognized, independent organization providing online career development and mentoring resources. The NCFDD provides members with access to tools to increase research and writing productivity and improve work-life balance.
Activate your account by following the steps below:
- Go to the NCFDD website
- Under “Select Your Institution,” choose “Cornell University”
- Select “Activate my Membership”
- Complete the registration form using your Cornell email address
- Check your Cornell email account to find a confirmation/welcome email. Click “Activate Account” in the email