NYAS Webinar: Insights on Effective Lab Management (panel)
October 15, 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 4:30 pm
- This event has passed.
Do You Have the Skills to Run Your Own Lab Effectively?
Since lab management training is not explicitly taught in the graduate curriculum, scientists often face the challenge of running their own lab. They must manage staff, develop and manage projects and track budgets.
This panel will provide you with crucial insights on:
- How lab management work is structured
- The top management skills for effective lab management
- Figuring out the strategic direction of the lab
- Determining project assignment, managing timelines and budgets, and staying current with research in the field
- Inspiring lab members towards productivity, creativity, and teamwork
- Evaluating lab members and project progress and correcting problems as they arise
This panel, provided via live webinar only, will be most relevant to academics transitioning into a lab management capacity and new lab managers who want to sharpen their existing skill set.
Sign up for free a Membership to the New York Academy of Sciences
To support your professional and career development, Cornell University will sponsor a complimentary 1-year Membership to the New York Academy of Sciences for any interested undergraduate and graduate student, postdoc, faculty and staff member. For over 200 years, the Academy has helped scientists, engineers, and innovators pursue successful careers. To request a sponsored membership, sign up at NYAS.ORG/CORNELL