Virtual Walking Group
June 5, 2020 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 12:00 pm on Friday, repeating until June 26, 2020
- This event has passed.
The Cornell Graduate Students have a new goal – get to 10,000 collective miles to walk across the continents! Join us as we all can use some stress management techniques, including exercise, during these hard times. And, we know that walking is a great way to improve your ability to learn and remember. Anyone from anywhere can participate. It is important to note that walking can be outside or inside, but must adhere to social distancing guidelines. You only need to make a conscious decision to walk and to monitor your mileage, steps, or amount of time. Here is a summary of the program:
- Connect with other graduate students from all over the world through a weekly zoom check-in.
- Log in your daily mileage, steps or time walked through a shared app account.
- You have the opportunity to win great prizes.
- Motivation check-ins through the month of May are designed to keep you walking.
- Learn strategies for being active now and in the future.
Even though the program has started, you are still welcome to join! Please register and you will be sent additional instructions to participate in the May Movement Challenge!