Animal Science Ph.D. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Graduate faculty in the Field of Animal Science include members from the Department of Animal Science, Division of Nutritional Sciences, and the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Students applying to the Field of Animal Science choose from the following concentrations:
- Animal nutrition
- Animal science
- Physiology of reproduction
- Animal genetics
- Animal genomics
The field requires one more member on the Special Committee of both M.S. and Ph.D.degree candidates (i.e., three for the M.S., four for the Ph.D.) than is required by the Graduate School. At least one member of the Special Committee must be a member of the faculty in a department other than that of the chairperson. Students in an M.S. or a Ph.D. program are required to assist with the teaching program of the department.
Contact InformationWebsite: https://ansci.cals.cornell.edu/
Phone: 607 255-2862
149 Morrison Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- animal genetics
- animal genomics
- animal nutrition
- animal science
- physiology of reproduction
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Fall, Jan. 15; Spring, check with field
Preference is given to applicants whose credentials indicate strong undergraduate preparation both in the animal sciences and in related biological and physical sciences. Applicants are required to submit GRE general test scores.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam or IELTS Academic Exam for non-native English applicants
- two recommendations
- GRE general test for native English speakers
- Make an original contribution to the field.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in an area of expertise.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge across several areas in the field.
- Follow ethical guidelines for working in the field.
- Effectively communicate to professional and lay audiences about concepts in the field.