Molecular and Cell Biology Ph.D. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
The graduate program in the Field of Biochemistry, Molecular and Cell Biology offers a Ph.D. degree only. The goal of our program is to educate and introduce students to the fascination of this scientific area, as well as provide them with the tools necessary to succeed in it. To this end, we have assembled a flexible program that includes lecture and laboratory courses and teaching experiences, together with the opportunity to undertake forefront research with access to the latest technology and equipment.
Contact InformationWebsite: http://bmcb.cornell.edu
Phone: 607 255-2100
107 Biotechnology Building
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- cell biology
- molecular biology
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Fall, Dec. 1; no spring admission
Candidates come from many academic backgrounds; however, matriculating students will have commonly majored in one of the many areas of biology, chemistry or physics. There are no set standards; rather we are searching for applicants who we believe can flourish in the program. Applicants are judged on both academic credentials (GPAs), the statement of purpose, and especially on letters of recommendation. Prior research experience is considered particularly useful. Applicants will be required to supply the following items: current transcripts for all colleges attended, 3 letters of recommendation.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL / IELTS Exam for Non-Native English Applicants
Applicants are required to supply the following items:
- Current transcripts, all colleges attended
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of English language competency
- Note: GRE scores are no longer required
Upon completion of a PhD, students will be able to:
- Make an original and substantial contribution to the field.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of one area of expertise.
- Demonstrate a broad knowledge of theory and research across several sub-disciplines in the field.
- Learn and follow ethical guidelines for working in the field.
- Write and speak effectively to professional and lay audiences about issues in the field.