CANCELED: Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Spring Recognition Banquet
April 28 @ 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- This event has passed.
2020 Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Spring Recognition Banquet
On behalf of the Graduate School Office of Inclusion & Student Engagement and the Graduate and Professional Student Diversity Council, we invite you to join us for the 2020 Graduate Diversity & Inclusion Spring Recognition Banquet where we will celebrate the close of the academic year, present awards, and recognize diverse graduate and professional degree students for their academic, professional, and service related achievements!
During the banquet, we will also present the following awards, which allow us to recognize those who have significantly contributed towards the advancement of efforts around diversity, inclusion, outreach, and graduate student engagement.
- Exemplary Service Awards for Early & Advanced Career Students
- Excellence in Leadership Award
- Faculty Champion Award
- Social Justice Award
- Community Outreach Award
- Unsung Hero Award
- Faculty Champion Awards for Junior & Senior Faculty
All students who register to attend the banquet are also encouraged to complete the Achievements Survey so that they may be recognized for their academic, professional, and service related achievements during the banquet. The survey will be made available in late February.
- Academic Achievements: Conference presentations/publications/TA awards/Graduate School Deans Scholars/ Bouchet Honor Society
- Funding Achievements: Grants/Fellowships/Scholarships
- Community Service Achievements: Mentor/Tutor/Volunteer/Student Organization Leader
- Milestones & Completion: Passing of A and B Exams/Completion of Graduate or Professional Degree
This event is sponsored and co-hosted by: Graduate School Office of Inclusion & Student Engagement, Cornell Latin America Student Society, Black Graduate and Professional Student Association, Graduate Women in Science, Indigenous Graduate Student Association, Latinx Graduate Student Coalition, Multicultural Academic Council, Cornell LGBT Student Association, Society for Asian American Graduate Affairs, GPSA Diversity and International Students Committee, First Generation and Low Income Graduate Association, Graduate and Professional Students International
Co-Sponsored by TBD
*This event is open to all interested members of the Cornell Graduate & Professional Student Community and those that support the progression and success of graduate and professional students.