Conference and Research Travel Grants


The Graduate School provides grants to all graduate students who are invited to present papers or posters at professional conferences. Recipients must be enrolled (full-time or in absentia) in a graduate research degree (M.A./M.S., M.F.A., D.M.A., J.S.D. or Ph.D.) program through the Graduate School and be a registered student during the term in which the conference takes place. Students must be presenting a paper or poster at the conference for which funds are requested. Historically, all qualifying applications have been funded!

The Graduate School also awards grants for research-related travel in the United States and abroad. These grants are for travel that is directly related to dissertation research, not conference travel. Awards of up to $2,500 are offered, with priority given to post-A exam doctoral candidates who have not received a prior award. M.A. and M.S. students with compelling research proposal also frequently receive generous support.