Cornell currently participates in two federally funded programs: the William D. Ford Direct Loan and the Federal Graduate PLUS loan. These programs are available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are matriculated toward the degree.

Students who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States or are ineligible for federal student loans may apply for a student educational loan through an alternative/private lender. Private lenders will vary on interest rate, how much can be borrowed, and repayment terms. Research the different options to see which you prefer and apply directly through that lender.



Cornell Financial Aid Office