Reserving the Barn
The Big Red Barn Graduate & Professional Student Center can be reserved for student, department, and private events. On weekdays during the academic year when the Big Red Barn is open, only two areas of the Barn may be reserved so that we can accommodate our customers in the other space. In the summer and on Saturday and Sunday throughout the year when the Big Red Barn is closed, the entire building can be reserved.
NOTE: During fall, winter, and spring breaks, reservations will be made on an exception basis only.
- Full capacity: 165 people inside; 250 people w/ patio
- For a sit-down dinner: 100 people; 75 to 80 people with a dance floor
- For a buffet dinner: 120 people; 100 people with a dance floor
- Patio (600 sq. ft.): tables and chairs allow 40 people; chairs only allow 85 people; standing allows 120 people
- There is a $25 flat fee for use of A/V equipment: TV, PowerPoint, mics, DVD, etc.
- Tent for patio measures 15′ X 30′ w/ no sides and must be 12′ from building
Book for Spring 2023 semester now!
Please use Scheduling@Cornell to request the Big Red Barn for an event or to check and see if the date/time you want to book the Barn is available. We will get back to your with a confirmation. For more information, view a demo of the new tool.
Information on the Barn’s food, alcohol, and space specifics are available in our booking guide:
Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with questions, concerns, or feedback about the 25live system. Reach out to email@example.com with Barn specific questions, concerns, or feedback on the space.
|Event Planner||Whole building||Any other space*|
|Graduate & Professional Student Organizations & Departments: Events that are open to all graduate and professional students||Free||Free|
|Graduate & Professional Student Organizations & Departments: Events that are open to specific groups of graduate and professional students||$90||$75|
|All Other Cornell Organizations and Departments||$270||$210|
|Private Parties (non-Cornell funded)||$750||$600|
All rates are for three hours or more (depending on the event), including set up and cleanup time.
*Other spaces available for rent include:
- Main space: with fireplace
- Second floor
- Greenhouse: smaller room in rear with windows on both sides, closable door
- Outdoor patio