Reserving the BRB
The Big Red Barn Graduate & Professional Student Center can be reserved for student, department, and private events. On weekdays during the academic year when the Big Red Barn is open, only two areas of the Barn may be reserved so that we can accommodate our customers in the other space. In the summer and on Saturday and Sunday throughout the year when the Big Red Barn is closed, the entire building can be reserved.
NOTE: During fall, winter, and spring breaks, reservations will be made on an exception basis only.
- Full capacity: 165 people inside; 250 people w/ patio & BBQ
- For a sit-down dinner: 100 people; 75 to 80 people with a dance floor
- For a buffet dinner: 120 people; 100 people with a dance floor
- Patio (600 sq. ft.): tables and chairs allow 40 people; chairs only allow 85 people; standing allows 120 people
- There is a $25 flat fee for use of A/V equipment: TV, PowerPoint, mics, DVD, etc.
- Tent for patio measures 15′ X 30′ w/ no sides and must be 12′ from building
- No tents are allowed in the Urn Garden
The Big Red Barn is closed at this time and will not be holding events until August 3 at the earliest. Please email Jen Forbes with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use the link Scheduling@Cornell, to request the Big Red Barn for an event or to check and see if the date/time you want to book the Barn is available. We will get back to your with a confirmation and/or a link to fill out an ‘Event Registration Form (ERF)’ if needed. For more information, view a demo of the new tool.
Reach out to email@example.com with questions, concerns, or feedback. Thank you for your patience as we transition to this new system!
Barn open house
Thinking about booking the Barn for an event? Come take a tours, ask any questions about the space or booking process, and get assistance with reservation details. Dates for Fall 2020 tours coming soon!
|Event Planner||Whole building||Any other space*|
|Graduate & Professional Student Organizations & Departments: Events that are open to all graduate and professional students||Free||Free|
|Graduate & Professional Student Organizations & Departments: Events that are open to specific groups of graduate and professional students||$90||$75|
|All Other Cornell Organizations and Departments||$270||$210|
|Private Parties (non-Cornell funded)||$750||$600|
|Urn Garden||Additional $300 charge with whole building reservation ($150 for grad organizations)|
All rates are for three hours or more, including set up and cleanup time.
*Other spaces available for rent include:
- Main space with fireplace and mezzanine above
- Greenhouse: smaller room in rear with windows on both sides, only access to patio
- Outdoor patio, Urn Garden, or BBQ area (NOTE: BBQ pit not available for use.)