Reserving the BRB
The Big Red Barn Graduate & Professional Student Center can be reserved for student, department, and private events. On weekdays during the academic year when the Big Red Barn is open, only one area of the Barn may be reserved so that we can accommodate our customers in the other space. In the summer and on Saturday and Sunday throughout the year when the Big Red Barn is closed, the entire building can be reserved.
NOTE: During fall, winter, and spring breaks, reservations will be made on an exception basis only. All events over breaks MUST use Cornell Catering.
- Full capacity: 165 people inside; 250 people w/ patio & BBQ
- For a sit-down dinner: 100 people; 75 to 80 people with a dance floor
- For a buffet dinner: 120 people; 100 people with a dance floor
- Patio (600 sq. ft.): tables and chairs allow 40 people; chairs only allow 85 people; standing allows 120 people
- There is a $25 flat fee for use of A/V equipment: TV, PowerPoint, mics, DVD, etc.
- Tent for patio measures 15′ X 30′ w/ no sides and must be 12′ from building
- No tents are allowed in the Urn Garden
|Event Planner||Whole building||Any other space*|
|Graduate & Professional Student Organizations & Departments: Events that are open to all graduate and professional students||Free||Free|
|Graduate & Professional Student Organizations & Departments: Events that are open to specific groups of graduate and professional students||$90||$75|
|All Other Cornell Organizations and Departments||$270||$210|
|Private Parties (non-Cornell funded)||$750||$600|
|Urn Garden||Additional $300 charge with whole building reservation ($150 for grad organizations)|
All rates are for 3 hours or more, including set up and cleanup time.
*Other spaces available for rent include:
- Main space with fireplace and mezzanine above
- Greenhouse: smaller room in rear with windows on both sides, only access to patio
- Outdoor patio, Urn Garden, or BBQ area (NOTE: BBQ pit not available for use.)