1. Develop Application Materials
Resources for both in and beyond academia:
- Resume vs. CV – The difference and when to use which.
- Optimal Resume – Use this comprehensive, web-based program to develop your resume and/or CV. You can also practice your interview!
- Consultations on Application Materials – Meet with a tutor in the Graduate Writing Service or ELSO Tutoring Services for feedback on your CV, resume, cover letter, and other job application materials.
For careers in academia:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research Statement
- Teaching Philosophy Statement
- Chronicle of Higher Educations’ CV Doctor
- Additional Resources from UCSF: Sample Materials for Faculty and Postdoctoral Positions
- Additional Resources from the University of Michigan: Faculty Job Application Materials
For careers beyond academia:
- Converting CV to Resume
- Cover Letters
- CCS Career Development Toolkit – Cornell Career Services developed a comprehensive career toolkit to guide your job search.
- Careers Beyond Academia – contact us to develop content for your resume and get specific feedback on your materials for the position you seek
- Additional Resource from UCI: Sample Resumes
2. Prepare for Interviewing
- CCS Interview Guide
- OptimalResume Interview Prep
- Academic interviews
- Academic Job Search Series
- Present your research