Navigating Graduate School
Transitioning to Graduate School
To ease your transition, the Graduate School offers a variety of programs at Orientation and beyond to help you integrate into the community, manage your expectations, and get a good start on your academic career.
With its large and decentralized campus, finding the right office can take time. The following websites offer links and portals to important information for new students.
- Student Essentials – Academic portal with links to Cornell offices
- FAQ for First-Year Students – Common questions for first year students
Personal Finances, Fellowships, and Funding
- Direct deposit for stipend and assistantship checks
- Graduate School Emergency Funds – Help in extenuating circumstances for qualified graduate students
- Graduate School Fellowship Workshops – Learn how to write an effective external fellowship application
- International Research and Language Fellowship and Grant Funding and Information Sessions – Learn how to write an effective fellowship application for international research and language fellowships, including Fulbrights.
- External Fellowships – Information about obtaining an external fellowship