NSF GRFP Fellowship
Cornell is proud to have over 200 current participants in the NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program (GRFP) enrolled in our doctoral programs.
Helpful information for current fellows:
- Cornell’s NSF GRFP Grant number for 2021-22 is DGE – 2139899
- Cornell’s NSF GRFP Grant number for 2020-21 was DGE – 1650441
- The OSP number for Cornell NSF GRFP award is 81023/A001
- The current fellowship stipend rate is $34,000 per 12-month year
- Stipends disburse approximately five days before the start of classes for the fall and spring terms
- Stipends amounts are approximately $2,833 per month so disbursements are as follows:
- Summer term (three months) – $8,500
- Academic year (nine months) – $25,500. Additionally, the Graduate School will supplement your academic year stipend payment by $3,154. Fellows will receive a total stipend of $28,654 for the academic year. The stipend is disbursed in two lump sums, half in the fall semester and half in the spring semester.
- NSF policies can be found in their administrative guide.
- The Graduate School also provides fall and spring tuition, the graduate student activity fee, and student health insurance premium for NSF GRFP fellows while on tenure.