2024 Cornell Graduate School Three Minute Thesis Competition
Three Minute Thesis (3MT®) is an international competition to help graduate students develop and showcase their research communication skills. The annual university-wide competition hosted by Cornell Graduate School challenges research-degree students to present their dissertation as a compelling story in just three minutes, with one slide, in language appropriate to a non-specialist audience.
Cornell Graduate School will host its live final round of the 2024 3MT competition in-person on Wednesday, March 20, 2024. In order to advance to the finals, prospective participants must submit recorded talks by March 1, 2024 for a preliminary round of judging. Video submissions will reviewed by a panel of volunteer judges in early March and finalists will be notified by March 11.
Register to compete!
Preliminary Round Competition
- All competitors must submit a recorded presentation of their talk by noon ET on Friday, March 1, 2024 in order to compete in the Preliminary Round.
- All enrolled graduate research degree students at the research stage (with at least some results to share) are eligible. Past competitors who did not place, and are still enrolled as graduate research degree students this year are welcome to enter the competition again.
- Registration opened in January 2024, and an information session was held on January 31, 2024. View the information session recording.
Final Round Competition
- The 2024 final round competition will be held in person on March 20, 2024.
- At the live competition, First Place, Second Place and People’s Choice awards will be selected by judges and audience members.
- The First Place winner will be eligible to represent Cornell in any additional Ivy League or northeast regional competitions held in 2024.