May ’21, December ’20, and August ’20 Graduates
All Graduating Graduate School Students
Saturday, May 29 at 10:00 am in Schoellkopf Stadium
We are pleased to invite you to participate in one of the three in-person Commencement ceremonies on Saturday, May 29th in Schoellkopf Stadium to celebrate your achievements and accomplishments!
Rather than the traditional large ceremony as in the past, Cornell will host three separate Commencement events in accordance with New York state COVID-19 guidelines to keep our campus density low. The Commencement Ceremony for ALL Graduate School students is on Saturday, May 29th at 10:00 am. All participants must follow health and safety precautions, and testing protocols will be required.
The deadline to order keepsake caps and gowns is May 5th. Outfits will be shipped directly to your preferred address; no gowns will be available for pick-up on campus. Be sure to order by the deadline in order for your cap and gown to be delivered by May 25th. Regalia will be required to attend!
More information will be available on the Commencement website regarding health and safety precautions.
Please note: If you do not plan to participate, you do not need to notify the Commencement Office, and no further actions are needed.
Ph.D., J.S.D., D.M.A. University Recognition Event
Friday, May 28th at 7:00 pm in Schoellkopf Stadium
In addition to the Saturday Commencement event, PhD, JSD, and DMA graduates are invited to attend a special University PhD Recognition event on Friday, May 28th at 7:00 pm in Schoellkopf Stadium. At this event, we will read the names of graduating doctoral students, and you will have the opportunity to stand and be celebrated.
To attend you must:
- RSVP. Please RSVP as soon as possible but no later than May 10th to help with our planning and to know you are attending the event to read your name.
- Order your cap and gown by May 5th. Outfits will be shipped directly to your preferred address. No gowns will be available for pick-up on campus, so be sure to order by the deadline to have them arrive by May 25th. YOU MUST ORDER A CAP AND GOWN TO ATTEND.
- Check the Commencement site regularly for updates.
Special Information for August ’21 Graduates
The Graduate School is pleased to announce that research degree students who anticipate completing their degrees for an August 2021 conferral are now invited to attend a May 2021 Commencement event if they are unable to participate in the December 2021 Commencement activities.
- All Graduate School August ’21 graduates are invited to attend the Commencement Ceremony on Saturday, May 29th at 10:00 a.m. in Schoellkopf Stadium.
- All August ’21 Ph.D., D.M.A., J.S.D. graduates are invited to attend the University Ph.D. Recognition Ceremony on Friday, May 28th at 7:00 p.m.
If you are a research degree student with an anticipated degree conferral of August ’21, please complete the steps below.
- Add your name to the special sign-up list here by May 1st. This form includes a sign up for Ph.D., J.S.D., D.M.A. students who would like participate in the Ph.D. ceremony.
- Order your cap and gown by May 5th. You must order a cap and gown to attend.
More information will be sent about health and safety precautions, and will be noted on the Commencement website. If you do not plan to participate, you do not need to notify the Commencement Office, and no further actions are needed.
It is enormously disappointing to all of us that family and friends will not be able to join you in person for these ceremonies; however, we look forward to sharing the celebration with guests near and far via video stream. These will be available the next day, after the ceremonies, to watch at any time. We appreciate your understanding during these unusual times.