Spring 2021 Three Minute Thesis (3MT) Competition, Virtual Edition
Can you present your 80,000 word thesis or dissertation in three minutes? Want the excitement of competing with other graduate students for prize money and the opportunity to compete in the Northeastern (U.S. and Canada) competition and a chance to showcase your research at the Council of Graduate Schools annual meeting in December 2021? 3MT is an annual competition sponsored by the Cornell Graduate School. Cornell doctoral students from all disciplines are eligible. Read more about past competitions and view videos.
We invite all Cornell doctoral scholars who will present research done at Cornell, including results, to participate in our 2021 all-virtual 3MT Competition. Please note: Doctoral students who were awarded their degree in May or August 2020 or who will receive their degree in December 2020 are also eligible to participate.
Pre-register if you want more information about Cornell’s 3MT. We will send you more information about the preliminary round presentation. (The format is video submission; technical quality will not be judged. A self-filmed phone video is fine.)
- Submit your three minute video link and complete the submission form no later than January 15, 2021. (Submission form will be available shortly; in the meantime, send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Judges’ panel reviews video submissions for the preliminary round decisions January 16 through January 30, 2021.
- Preliminary round winners invited to participate in the semi-finals by February 3, 2021.
- The semi-final rounds will be held live via Zoom February 22 through February 26, 2021.
- The final round competition is a live event via Zoom on March 10, 2021. In addition to the judges’ announcement of top-place winners, the Zoom audience will vote for the People’s Choice Award.