Navigating Graduate School
Transitioning to Graduate School
To ease your transition, the Graduate School offers a variety of programs at Orientation and beyond to help you integrate into the community, manage your expectations, and get a good start on your academic career.
- Graduate School Primer – Networking sessions for first year students
- Perspectives – Common issues faced by graduate students
- All Graduate School programs
With its large and decentralized campus, finding the right office can take time. The following websites offer links and portals to important information for new students.
- Student Essentials – Academic portal with links to Cornell offices
- FAQ for First-Year Students – Common questions for first year students
Personal Finances, Fellowships, and Funding
- Direct deposit for stipend and assistantship checks
- Personal Finance @ Cornell – Learn how to manage your finances in graduate school
- Graduate School Emergency Funds – Help in extenuating circumstances for qualified graduate students
- Graduate School Fellowship Workshops – Learn how to write an effective external fellowship application
- International Research and Language Fellowship and Grant Funding and Information Sessions – Learn how to write an effective fellowship application for international research and language fellowships, including Fulbrights.
- External Fellowships – Information about obtaining an external fellowship