Consider Job Satisfaction
Your satisfaction with your work will be a major factor in your quality of life. Before accepting a job offer, take a realistic look at the organization’s culture and work environment and factors in the local community. Ask yourself these questions:
- Do I feel comfortable with my supervisor and the people I have met?
- What formal training program and educational opportunities are there?
- How much travel is involved?
- What is the typical career path after the first or second year?
- What are the long-term advancement opportunities?
- Would my job responsibilities be building blocks for the future?
- Where are other branches of the organization located?
- Would I have the opportunity (or requirement) to relocate, and when?
- What cultural, athletic, and entertainment activities are available in the local community?
- How close am I to family and friends?