The International Students & Scholars Office (ISSO) is available to help you get settled at Cornell and in Ithaca. The mission of the office, founded in 1936, is to assist international students, academic staff and their families by advising on US federal immigration, tax and labor regulations, by providing counseling on personal, academic and cultural matters, and by promoting cross-cultural awareness in the Cornell community.
Popular ISSO Resources
- Update Your Local Residential Address when you move
- Traveling and forgot your I-20 or DS-2019? or forgot a travel signature? Request a new I-20 / DS-2019 here!
- Community News
- Popular ISSO Handouts
- ISSO Web Forms
The English Language Support Office (ELSO) is another important resource for international students, particularly at the graduate level. ELSO's mission is to offer writing and speaking support to international graduate and professional students that meets the needs of students in diverse programs, from diverse linguistic backgrounds, and at diverse points in their graduate careers.
ELSO offers an array of support services that fit a variety of schedules:
- Tutoring on writing projects and presentations
- Speaking and Writing Groups Programs
- Resources shared through the ELSO Blackboard Site and Listserv