Submitting Your Thesis/Dissertation
The Graduate School uses ProQuest to administer the electronic thesis/dissertation (ETD) submission process that results in publication in ProQuest Dissertations and Theses (PQDT) database and Cornell’s Library Repository, eCommons. Before initiating the electronic submission process, students are required to
- Submit a final copy of their thesis/dissertation to each member of the committee for review and approval. After this step is completed, students need to obtain formal committee approval using the Thesis and Dissertation Approval System. A Thesis/Dissertation Approval document will be emailed to the student once all committee members have approved the thesis/dissertation.
- Complete the Survey of Earned Doctorates (for Doctoral students only). A SED Certification of Completion is provided to the student when the survey has been completed. Once formal committee approval is received and the survey completed, the final electronic version of the thesis/dissertation (ETD) can then be submitted to The Graduate School using the ProQuest system.
Both the Thesis/Dissertation Approval document and the SED Certification of Completion are required for submission to ProQuest.
ProQuest Submission Steps
In order to complete the submission process, you will need to have the following:
- A single PDF file of your thesis or dissertation
- Your abstract
- Supplemental material
- Thesis/Dissertation Approval document and the SED Certification of Completion
Step 1: Create an ETD Account and Begin Submission Process
Step 2: Publishing Options
Step 3: Read and Agree to ProQuest and University Distribution License
Step 4: Enter Thesis/Dissertation Information
Step 5: Upload PDF and Supplemental Files
Step 6: Upload Required Documents
Step 7: Register for Copyright
Step 8: Order Copies *
Step 9: Review and Submit
Step 10: Submitting Revised PDF (if needed)
* Sample ProQuest bound thesis & dissertations are available for viewing at the Graduate School. Bound copies can also be ordered through Cornell Print Services. Please contact Janine Brace for more information or if you have questions.