Human Resources (Executive Master of Human Resource Management) M.P.S. (Distance, Hybrid, or Online Option)
Field of Study
Our Executive Master of Human Resource Management* program is ideal for high-potential human resource professionals who have 8+ years of experience. This selective 15-month program will give you the advanced knowledge and skills you need to move into senior HR roles, and enable you to develop and execute human capital strategy on a global scale. Because much of the coursework is delivered online, you can complete this program from anywhere in the world — without interrupting your career.
*Students who complete this program earn an Executive Master of Professional Studies in Human Resources degree from Cornell University.
Contact InformationWebsite: https://www.ilr.cornell.edu/programs/graduate-degree-programs/emhrm
Phone: 607 255-1522
218 Ives Hall
Ithaca, NY 14853
Concentrations by Subject
- human resource management
- labor relations, economics, and organizational behavior
Visit the Graduate School's Tuition Rates page.
Application Requirements and Deadlines
- October 15 (Round 1)
- December 15 (Round 2)
- January 15 (Round 3)
- March 15 (Round 4)
Successful applicants must provide the following application materials.
- Bachelor's Degree- You must have a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or an equivalent international degree. (See our list of equivalent international degrees.)
- Resume- Include work history and experience, skills and areas of expertise, personal achievements, and any information that is pertinent to your application.
- Transcripts- Submit transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended.
- Letters of Recommendation- Submit two professional letters of recommendation. One must be from a direct supervisor who supports your enrollment, knows your abilities, can speak to your potential for advancement in HR, and confirms that you can obtain access and resources to complete your case project.
- Statement of Purpose- Discuss your past achievements, future career goals, and how the Executive Master of HR Management degree will help you reach your career objectives.
- Statement of Project- Students in the Executive Master of Human Resource Management complete a capstone project, identifying a critical business issue or opportunity at their organization and recommending responsive HR interventions. Describe a business issue you might explore and why. (Please note -- we recognize that your actual project may change before your EMHRM program begins.)
- Application Fee- Submit a non-refundable application fee of $105 with your application.
- Online Video Interview- After submitting your application you will receive an email with detailed instructions on how to record your online video at your convenience within 10 days of submitting your application.