Chemical Engineering, M.Eng. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Degree candidates are expected to pursue study and research that will give them a deeper comprehension of the basic and applied sciences and will develop initiative, originality, and creative ability. The thesis or dissertation may involve either research or special projects in such subjects as design, economics, or mathematical analysis. There is no language requirement for students majoring in chemical engineering.
Concentrations by Subject
- advanced materials processing
- applied math and computational methods
- biochemical engineering
- chemical reaction engineering
- classical and statistical thermodynamics
- fluid dynamics, rheology, and biorheology
- heat and mass transfer
- kinetics and catalysis
- surface science
Application Requirements and Deadlines
No specific deadline; check with field.
Most applicants have satisfactorily completed the equivalent of the fundamental work required by an accredited curriculum in chemical engineering. Outstanding students with undergraduate majors in chemistry, materials science, microbiology, or physics are also encouraged to apply. For such students extra semester or summer term of residence is normally required. All applicants are required to submit GRE general test scores.
- all Graduate School Requirements, including the TOEFL Exam for Non-Native English Applicants
- two recommendations required, three preferred
- GRE general test