Applied Economics and Management M.P.S. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Our graduate field has a rich tradition of producing top graduates through its rigorous but flexible program led by the Dyson School's internationally known faculty. In addition to courses offered by the graduate field of Applied Economics and Management, graduate students are encouraged to take advantage of graduate courses offered throughout Cornell’s world-class College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, as well as the University’s 13 other top-ranked colleges and schools.
The Master of Professional Studies (Agriculture) is a terminal degree for persons with experience who want additional training pertinent to their profession. In addition, the M.P.S. (Agriculture and Life Sciences) program has a Peace Corp option in which the student undertakes two semesters of academic work at Cornell and a Peace Corp assignment. For more information and instruction on how to apply, visit the M.P.S. (Agriculture and Life Sciences)/Peace Corps Web site,, or contact International Programs, 252 Emerson Hall, Ithaca, NY 14853; phone 607-255-3037; email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Those interested in this field may also want to investigate the related fields listed under Economics in "Opportunities for Study" in the Graduate School Catalog.
Contact InformationWebsite: https://dyson.cornell.edu/programs/graduate/mps/
Concentrations by Subject
- applied behavioral economics and individual choice (ABEIC) [MPS Only]
- environmental, energy, and resource economics (EERE)
- food and agricultural economics (FAE)
- international and development economics (IDE)
Application Requirements and Deadlines
International applicants are encouraged to apply for Round 1 or Round 2 application deadlines
- BS or BA from an accredited university
- Required Tests: GRE or GMAT scores. For more information visit the Graduate School website*
- Transcript requirements
- Personal Statement
- 2 Letters of Recommendation. For information and guidelines about this topic, please visit the Graduate School page here
- Foreign students will be required to take and send their score for English Language Proficiency (TOEFL). For more information on this requirement please visit the Graduate School information page
*Due to COVID-19, GMAT/GRE scores are optional for the 2021 admission cycle.
Persuasively communicate analysis and solutions, including:
Express written ideas that are clearly stated and professionally presented.
Give an informative and persuasive oral presentations.
Identify problems in complex, ambiguous business situations and provide solutions:
Analyze complex business problems using critical techniques, structure, or frameworks to determine what action if any is optimal.
Be lifelong learners and independent thinkers capable of adapting to business problems as they arise:
Apply analytical tools and techniques from more than one functional area (EERE, FAE, IDE, or Management) to address a problem.
Have an ethical perspective and a service orientation and live up to the highest professional standards:
- Behave ethically and resist taking advantage of moral hazard in teams. Persuasively communicate analysis and solutions, including