Applied Economics and Management M.P.S. (Ithaca)
Field of Study
Our graduate field has a rich tradition of producing top graduates through its rigorous but flexible program led by the Dyson School's internationally known faculty. In addition to courses offered by the graduate field of Applied Economics and Management, graduate students are encouraged to take advantage of graduate courses offered throughout Cornell’s world-class College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, as well as the University’s 13 other top-ranked colleges and schools.
Cornell’s STEM-designated Master of Professional Studies (MPS) in Applied Economics and Management (AEM) is a one-year program designed to build upon your undergraduate experience and launch your career with an industry-specific focus in one of six specialized concentrations. Please see the program curriculum page for more information on current concentrations.
In addition to choosing a concentration, students have the option to pursue the CEMS Master in International Management (MIM), which is unique to Cornell—the only university in the United States to offer this collaborative international program. CEMS students will spend an additional semester in the program abroad at a host school in the CEMS consortium. Please see this page for additional information on the CEMS MIM.
Contact InformationWebsite: https://dyson.cornell.edu/programs/graduate/mps/
Concentrations by Subject
- environmental, energy, and resource economics (EERE)
- food and agricultural economics (FAE)
- international and development economics (IDE)
Visit the Graduate School's Tuition Rates page.
Application Requirements and Deadlines
Round 1: Dec. 1
Round 2: Jan. 15*
Round 3: Mar. 1
Round 4: April 15
* CEMS MIM applicants must submit a complete application by January 15. International applicants are encouraged to apply for Round 1 or Round 2 application deadlines.
- BS or BA from an accredited university
- Two Letters of Recommendation, for additional information and guidelines about this topic please visit the MPS AEM Admissions page
- Transcript Requirement
- Personal Statement
- English Language Proficiency Requirement for all applicants
- Video Interview
- GMAT/GRE please refer to MPS AEM Admissions page
Persuasively communicate analysis and solutions, including:
Express written ideas that are clearly stated and professionally presented.
Give informative and persuasive oral presentations.
Identify problems in complex, ambiguous business situations and provide solutions:
Analyze complex business problems using critical techniques, structure, or frameworks to determine what action if any is optimal.
Be lifelong learners and independent thinkers capable of adapting to business problems as they arise:
Apply analytical tools and techniques from a concentration area to address a problem.
Have an ethical perspective and a service orientation and live up to the highest professional standards:
- Behave ethically and resist taking advantage of moral hazards in teams. Persuasively communicate analysis and solutions, including the visualization of research and data.